Salt Lake City, UT is home to great jobs, family-friendly neighborhoods, and plenty of fun local activities.
People move to Salt Lake City for a handful of reasons from lifestyle changes to new career opportunities. While many new residents come to the area to start a family, others may feel it is where they want to retire. Health reasons may also be a factor in relocating to the area along with the decision to attend a local college or university.
The cost of moving in Salt Lake City varies depending on where you’re going, how many belongings you own, and the types of services you’re looking for. There are plenty of other aspects of a transition that will also after your moving rates.
As you determine your Salt Lake City moving costs, you can better understand what to expect from your upcoming transition and prepare your budget accordingly.
Factors That Affect Your Moving Costs in Salt Lake City
An hourly moving rate is used to identify the final relocation costs for a relocation. Moving quotes in Salt Lake City will be adjusted based on the amount of time a mover expects your transition will take and what the process will entail.
If you want to figure out what your moving costs are in Salt Lake City, the main factors that will affect your rate include:
- Volume of your belongings: How many possessions you’ll need to be transported will be one of the main things that increase or decrease the time it takes.
- Packing: The optional service of packing is an additional charge but also makes your move much simpler and less stressful.
- Moving supplies: While any moving equipment and supplies your movers provide will be part of your Salt Lake City moving costs, it saves you from having to get everything yourself.
- Location access: Some apartments and homes are harder to access the front door than others, which will have an impact on your moving rates in Salt Lake City.
- Stairs: Any stairs or elevators at your location will make the move more difficult, requiring additional effort for the movers.
- Furniture assembly/disassembly: You can always rely on experienced movers in SLC to help you with disassembling and reassembling furniture as an additional service.
- Traveling distance: The longer the distance between your current location and the new house or apartment will be factored into Salt Lake City moving quotes.
- Special assistance: If you need any specialized services like piano moving, fragile antiques, or others, they may lead to additional charges for your move.
Full-Service Movers vs. DIY Moving in Salt Lake City
Anyone who has tried to relocate by themselves understands how difficult and stressful the process can be. When moving in Salt Lake City, you’ll have to get a rented moving truck, find all of the relocation equipment and supplies that you need, and try to get as many family members and friends as you can to help out.
On the other hand, getting assistance from professionals is well worth the Salt Lake City moving costs that are involved.
A reliable moving company in SLC will already have easy access to all the moving supplies and will even offer packing services to save you time. They will securely protect your furniture and other belongings as they get everything wrapped in blankets for the trip.
Factored into the costs of moving in Salt Lake City, any experienced team will have their own specialized trucks that can safely transport your possessions. And because they know the best lifting techniques and other strategies, you can save your back from a whole lot of pain that would otherwise happen when doing it on your own.
Any trusted company will offer you affordable moving rates in Salt Lake City with a determination to provide you with a stress-free relocation from start to finish.
Average Moving Costs in Salt Lake City
How much do Salt Lake City movers cost? The pricing that you’ll get in Salt Lake City moving estimates will be much easier to understand after speaking with a local moving company.
They’ll be able to share the hourly moving rates in Salt Lake City and other aspects that will be considered in your final quote. One of the main items that will impact the cost is how small or large your current location is. As the square footage and other details are shared, a knowledgeable team will let you know how many movers will be needed to handle the job for you.
The moving prices in Salt Lake City will change with the number of movers and the anticipated amount of time it will take them to finish the project. Some SLC moves may only take two movers, while other relocations may require three people or more to help out.
Cost to Move a 1 Bedroom Apartment in Salt Lake City
On average, transferring out of a one-bedroom apartment will take about 3 to 6 hours and help from two moving professionals. That time and effort is then calculated with the hourly moving rates in Salt Lake City to determine your moving quote.
Cost to Move a 2 Bedroom Apartment in Salt Lake City
When it comes to a two-bedroom apartment move, three movers will be needed for between 3 to 6 hours of labor. The final price will take into consideration the hourly rate multiplied by the amount of time.
Cost to Move a Home in Salt Lake City
Since homes are larger and usually take more labor, these relocations need three or four movers and a time range of 4 to 7 hours. Your moving costs in Salt Lake City will increase if the process takes additional time.
In the end, your Salt Lake City moving costs will be adjusted based on how big your home is, the number of items you have, and the extra services you ask for. If you’re preparing for a long-distance move, the movers will provide you with a binding moving quote in Salt Lake City.
Tips to Make Your Salt Lake City Relocation More Affordable
Are you wondering how to reduce your cost of moving in Salt Lake City? You’ll quickly find a handful of simple steps on your part will play a big role in lowering your Salt Lake City moving quote.
- Get rid of junk: Throw away old items that you don’t need or donate leftover belongings to a thrift store as a way to limit the number of items movers will have to transport.
- Pack your own belongings: Whenever you’re willing to do the packing, you can save money for your upcoming relocation.
- Break down furniture: If you’re good with a screwdriver and hammer, taking the time to disassemble furniture and other bulky items will be one less step for your Salt Lake City movers to handle.
- Check with HOA/Landlord: Make sure your property owner doesn’t have any regulations and if they do, make sure you let your movers know ahead of time.
- Provide clear instructions: When you collaborate with your movers and help them know where items go, it will help them finish faster and help you save on Salt Lake City moving costs.
- Offer drinks and snacks: Moving companies love when their customers provide refreshments during the move as gives them more energy and makes them work faster.
How To Choose a Salt Lake City Moving Company
Finding a team of dependable movers in Salt Lake City can be a quick and simple process when you know how to narrow down the options. Along with considering the costs of moving in Salt Lake City, make sure you also learn more about the team you choose by:
- Reading online moving company reviews on Google and Yelp
- Seeing how long they’ve been in business
- Finding out how many relocations they’ve done
- Asking for the claims rate
- Confirming they are licensed and insured
- Verifying they offer the types of services you need
- Making sure they have the proper equipment for the job
- You will want professional, efficient, courteous and hard-working moving crews
With experience dating back to 2015, you won’t find a better team of top-rated Salt Lake City movers than the ones here at Wasatch Moving Company. We’ve conducted over 15,000 moves and have hundreds of positive reviews on Google. Our team is made up of more than 50 highly-trained employees who are all here to provide you with the best customer service in the industry.
Additional Salt Lake City Moving Tips
How much should you tip movers in Salt Lake City?
A good standard to follow is $25 for each mover or 18-20% of the entire Salt Lake City moving cost split between them.
Ultimate Salt Lake City Moving Checklist
Our Ultimate Salt Lake City Moving Checklist was created to help our customers know the best steps to follow during their upcoming transition. As you follow the checkpoints in the guide, you’ll be able to experience a smooth and simple relocation.
Salt Lake City Utilities
Learn about all the things you need to know about utilities in Salt Lake City. From electric and water to natural gas and beyond, our guide will help you make sure the lights are on at your new home or apartment.
Get an Affordable Moving Estimate in Salt Lake City
We’ve gone over everything you need to know about Salt Lake City moving costs and the factors that are considered when getting an estimate. The next step is to hire the top Salt Lake City movers who can assist you with the pending relocation! Get in touch with Wasatch Moving Company today at (801) 758-0030 or complete the Request a Quote form for a free Salt Lake City moving quote!