If you’re thinking about moving to Davis County, UT, you’re probably already doing your own research for the biggest cities to find the best place to live for your needs. We’re breaking everything you need to know about Davis County before relocating.
Davis County, UT
Davis County, Utah, was founded in 1850 and was named after Daniel C. Davis. It’s the third most popular county in the state of Utah and is a family-friendly community.
This county is part of the Ogden-Clearfield, UT, Metropolitan Statistical Area, and the Salt Lake City-Provo-Orem, UT, Statistical Area.
Three of the top attractions that are famous throughout Davis County are the following: Lagoon Amusement Park, Cherry Hill, and Antelope Island State Park. In fact, Lagoon Park is Utah’s largest amusement park.
The climate in Davis County is dry and often hot during the spring and summer, and cold and wet in the winter. There are 226 days of sun, 21 inches of rain per year, and 45 inches of snow (well above the national average of 28 inches) per year.
While there aren’t any professional sport teams located in Davis County, there are plenty in the state of Utah. For example, Utah Jazz, Real Salt Lake (professional soccer league), Utah Rockies, and Utah Grizzlies are just a few of the many sports teams in the state of Utah.
Davis County Demographics
According to the United States Census Bureau report, here is a breakdown of the information of Davis County:
- Total Population: 362,679
- Median Household Income: $87,570
- Attained A Bachelor’s Degree: 38.2%
- Employment Rate: 67.8%
- Housing Units: 115,217
- Median Age: 31
- Median Price Of Housing: $519,500
- Davis County Square Miles: 634
Layton | #1 Economic Development Leaders
Layton, Utah, was incorporated on May 24th, 1920, and has grown into one of the top economic development leaders. The city provides a safe place to raise your kids, while being a family-friendly community. SeaQuest Utah, Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve, Adams Canyon Trail, Andy Adams Park, and Layton Commons Park.
Before moving to Layton, UT, here are 10 things you need to know!
- Layton Population: 83,291
- Layton Population Change Since 2010 Census: There has been an increase of 1,518 residents since 2010
- Layton Square Miles: 22.65
- Layton Median Age: 31 years old
- Layton Median Household Income: $81,067
- Layton Median House Price: $475,000
- Layton Homes For Sale
- Layton Crime Rate: The total crime rate in Layton is 2,147 per 100k people, which is 13.3% lower than the national average
- Layton Map
Bountiful | Utah’s Second Settlement
Bountiful is a city in Davis County and got officially incorporated in 1892 after being settled on September 27th, 1847. There are so many fun things to do within this city like: Big Brain Escape, Creekside Park, Bountiful City Park, South Davis Recreation Center, and Bountiful Bowl.
If you’re thinking about moving to Bountiful, UT, rest assured that it’s a great city, and the residents are proud to live there. It is a beautiful place to call home that is safe, family-friendly, quiet, and one of the best places to call home. While around 80% of residents are part of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, you can still call this city home even if you’re not Mormon.
- Bountiful Population: 45,438
- Bountiful Population Change Since 2010 Census: There was a decrease of 324 residents since 2010
- Bountiful Square Miles: 13.22
- Bountiful Median Age: 32 years old
- Bountiful Median Household Income: $83,660
- Bountiful Median House Price: $520,000
- Bountiful Homes For Sale
- Bountiful Crime Rate: The total crime rate is 1,091 per 100k people, which is 55.9% lower than the national average
- Bountiful Map
Syracuse | One Of The Wealthiest Suburbs In Davis County
Syracuse is known for being one of the wealthiest cities in Davis County, UT. It’s a safe, welcoming, and family-friendly community and is one of the best Utah suburbs to call home. Finding new and exciting things to check out in a city, whether you’ve lived there your whole life or are new, can be challenging at times.
- Syracuse Population: 33,331
- Syracuse Population Change Since 2010 Census: There has been an increase of 1,190 residents since 2010
- Syracuse Square Miles: 10.18
- Syracuse Median Age: 28 years old
- Syracuse Median Household Income: $103,522
- Syracuse Median House Price: $624,950
- Syracuse Homes For Sale
- Syracuse Crime Rate: The total crime rate in Syracuse is 708 per 100k people, which is 71.4% lower than the national average
- Syracuse Map
Kaysville | Voted Best Public Schools In Utah
Kaysville has been around since 1850 and is best known for its cherry orchards. It’s a great place for families due to the safe neighborhoods, good schools, and kid-friendly activities. The most popular things to do in Kaysville include: Cherry Hill, Boondocks Food & Fun, Barnes Park, Heritage Park, and Hatchet Jaxe Axe Throwing.
- Kaysville Population: 32,976
- Kaysville Population Change Since 2010 Census: The number of residents has grown by 31 people since 2010
- Kaysville Square Miles: 10.54
- Kaysville Median Age: 31 years old
- Kaysville Median Household Income: $103,730
- Kaysville Median House Price: $708,175
- Kaysville Homes For Sale
- Kaysville Crime Rate: The total crime rate is 909 per 100k people and it has a 63.3% lower crime rate than the national average
- Kaysville Map
Clearfield | Affordable Cost Of Living
With the affordable cost of living and close community, people are interested in relocating to Clearfield, UT. The official motto is “We’ve Got It Made,” and there are plenty of fun activities to participate in throughout the city. Some of the most popular include Urban Air Trampoline And Adventure Park, Steed Park, and Neldon Hamblin Park.
If you’re interested in checking out some of the best restaurants in the city, you need to try these: WINGERS Restaurant, Lucky Slice Pizza Clearfield, PHO BANH Clearfield, Golden Ginger, Manuel’s El Burrito Restaurant & Cantina, and Tepanyaki Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar.
This safe and family-friendly community is ideal if you’re looking to settle down.
- Clearfield Population: 32,238
- Clearfield Population Change Since 2010 Census: There has been an increase of 329 residents since 2010
- Clearfield Square Miles: 7.74
- Clearfield Median Age: 29 years old
- Clearfield Median Household Income: $62,374
- Clearfield Median House Price: $410,000
- Clearfield Homes For Sale
- Clearfield Crime Rate: The total crime rate is 1,319 per 100k people, which means that Clearfield has a crime rate of 46.7% lower than the national average
- Clearfield Map
Farmington | Home To Utah’s Largest Family Amusement Park
Home to Utah’s largest amusement park, Farmington is known for being a family-friendly and safe community. If you’re looking for kid-friendly activities, check out some of the most popular attractions: Lagoon Amusement Park, Farmington Bay Waterfowl Management Area (wildlife reserve), Forbush Park, Pioneer Village, and Farmington Creek Trail.
- Farmington Population: 24,775
- Farmington Population Change Since 2010 Census: There has been an increase of 244 residents since 2010
- Farmington Square Miles: 10.05
- Farmington Median Age: 30 years old
- Farmington Median Household Income: $99,208
- Farmington Median House Price: $702,500
- Farmington Homes For Sale
- Farmington Crime Rate: The total crime rate in Farmington is 1,452 per 100k people, which is 41.4% lower than the national average
- Farmington Map
Clinton | Great Place To Live
Clinton, UT, is one of the best places to settle down and call home. What makes Clinton stand out is its wide assortment of restaurants. Here are some of the most popular: Hibachi House of Clinton, Tataki Sushi Bar, Pizza Pie Cafe, Tonyburgers, Costa Vida, Zaxby’s Chicken Fingers & Buffalo Wings, and Papa Murphy’s | Take “N” Bake Pizza.
Whether you’re a young adult, a family, or looking to retire, Clinton, Utah, has something for everyone!
- Clinton Population: 23,597
- Clinton Population Change Since 2010 Census: There was an increase of 211 residents since the year 2010
- Clinton Square Miles: 5.93
- Clinton Median Age: 30 years old
- Clinton Median Household Income: $88,023
- Clinton Median House Price: $500,000
- Clinton Homes For Sale
- Clinton Crime Rate: The total crime rate is 1,406 per 100k people, which is lower than the national average by 43.2%
- Clinton Map
North Salt Lake | Safe Place To Live
North Salt Lake is a community-focused city, and they have created an area called Orchard Community Garden where residents can reserve a certain number of plots to grow their food. It is essential to note that each individual is responsible for preparing, planting, maintaining, and cleaning up their plots.
If you’re looking for some family-fun restaurants to try out, here are some of the most popular: Alice’s Kitchen, Nacho House, Our Kitchen Cafe, Janet’s Sunshine Cafe, Kneaders Bakery & Cafe, R&R BBQ, and Atlantis Burgers.
- North Salt Lake Population: 22,300
- North Salt Lake Population Change Since 2010 Census: There was an increase of 393 residents since 2010
- North Salt Lake Square Miles: 8.51
- North Salt Lake Median Age: 31 years old
- North Salt Lake Median Household Income: $80,064
- North Salt Lake Median House Price: $630,000
- North Salt Lake Homes For Sale
- North Salt Lake Crime Rate: The total crime rate in North Salt Lake is 1,712 per 100k people, which is 30.9% lower than the national average
- North Salt Lake Map
View this post on Instagram
Centerville | Home To B.H. Roberts Who Was The Leader Of The Latter-day Saint Church
Centerville was incorporated on May 4th, 1915, and was where the first ever brand of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints got established in 1850. If you’re looking for a safe and affordable place to call home, consider Centerville, UT.
When it comes to fun activities, Centerville has a mixture of restaurants and places to visit: Deuel Creek South Trail Head, Coconut Cove, Hug-Hes Cafe, Fuji Sushi, La Puente Centerville, Z Brothers Pizza, and Taco Time.
- Centerville Population: 16,785
- Centerville Population Change Since 2010 Census: There has been a decrease of 99 residents since 2010
- Centerville Square Miles: 6.03
- Centerville Median Age: 39 years old
- Centerville Median Household Income: $100,230
- Centerville Median House Price: $530,000
- Centerville Homes For Sale
- Centerville Crime Rate: The total crime rate in Centerville is 1,721 per 100k people, which is 30.5% lower than the national average
- Centerville Map
West Bountiful | Farm Land
West Bountiful got incorporated in 1949 and officially became a city in 1962. While it might be a small city, it’s a great place for families and young adults. Plus, there are still fun activities like: Lakeside Golf Course, Legacy Nature Preserve, and West Bountiful City Park.
- West Bountiful Population: 5,957
- West Bountiful Population Change Since 2010 Census: There has been an increase of 40 residents since 2010
- West Bountiful Square Miles: 3.32
- West Bountiful Median Age: 38 years old
- West Bountiful Median Household Income: $99,797
- West Bountiful Median House Price: $651,250
- West Bountiful Homes For Sale
- West Bountiful Crime Rate: The total crime rate in West Bountiful is 1,952 per 100k people, which is 21.2% lower than the national average
- West Bountiful Map
List Of Cities In Davis County
Cities In Davis County Map | Top Davis County Cities By Population
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Davis County, UT
How Many Cities Are There In Davis County?
There are 15 cities in Davis County, Utah.
What Is The Most Populous City In Davis County?
The city in Davis County, UT, with the most residents is Layton.
What Is The Wealthiest City In Davis County?
The wealthiest city in Davis County, UT, is Syracuse.
What City Is The Largest In Land Size?
The city with the largest land radius is Layton with 22.65 square miles.
Which Of The Counties Cities Is Right For You?
Are you thinking about moving to Davis County, UT? Wasatch Moving is an award-winning, professional, top-rated moving company and the best choice for your upcoming relocation! Call us today at (801) 758-0030 for a free estimate!